Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu May 9, 2013
Wildlife bill signed into law
LANSING, MI - Legislation to advance the scientific management of wildlife has been signed into law by Governor Rick Snyder.
The bill will allow the Natural Resources Commission to add species to the game list and establish hunting seasons while retaining the legislature’s ability to both add and remove species on the list. Also the bill allows the NRC to regulate the taking of fish as it does the taking of game… and it provides for complimentary hunting opportunities for active service members.
Republican Senator Tom Casperson sponsored the bill. He says it “reaffirm’s the people’s desire for Michigan’s wildlife to be managed using scientific, objective standards.”