GOGEBIC COUNTY, MI-- Highland Copper has temporarily halted drilling at Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park. Exploration of the one-mile-square section of the park stopped because of unseasonably warm weather. A permit issued by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources stipulates that drilling take place only on frozen ground, preferably when there’s more than a foot of snow cover. The provisions are meant to protect the surface of the drilling area. Orvana Resources—a subsidiary of...
Public Radio 90 News
- Fearing Climate Change Policy Under Trump, STEM Group Works To Get Scientists Elected
- Teen Transgender Wrestler — A Reluctant Symbol Of A Nation Divided
- How Much Will Trump's Address To Congress Reflect 'Renewal Of American Spirit' Theme?
- Across The Divide, Identity Politics Unites The Base At Both CPAC And DNC
- David Axelrod On Tom Perez And The Future Of The Democratic Party