NEGAUNEE TOWNSHIP, MI-- One person is injured, following a two-vehicle accident in Negaunee Township. State Police say the crash happened Tuesday around 7 p.m. at the intersection of US-41 and Midway Drive. Billie Heggaton, 42, of Negaunee was westbound on 41 in a Chevy Impala and had started to turn onto Midway Drive. Joshua Gravelyn, 30, of Negaunee was driving southeast in a Chevy Silverado when he crossed the centerline and crashed into Heggaton’s vehicle. Heggaton was taken to UPHS...
LANSING, MI (AP)-- Michigan's top law enforcement official says the governor's office should no longer be exempt from public-records requests. Michigan is one of just two states with a blanket exemption for the governor and the executive office from open-records requests. Republican Attorney General Bill Schuette said Tuesday the "reset button has been pushed" because of crisis over Flint's water being contaminated with lead, and he is hopeful that lawmakers will broaden the law. Republican...
- GOP Candidates Head To South Carolina After Trump Victory In New Hampshire
- Obama Speaks To Lawmakers In Springfield, Ill., Where He Announced Candidacy
- Bernie Sanders' Decisive Victory In New Hampshire Shakes Up Democratic Race
- After Win In New Hampshire, Bernie Sanders Meets With Rev. Al Sharpton
- State GOP Chair: South Carolina Primary 'Feels Very Wide Open'