GOGEBIC COUNTY, MI-- Highland Copper has temporarily halted drilling at Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park. Exploration of the one-mile-square section of the park stopped because of unseasonably warm weather. A permit issued by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources stipulates that drilling take place only on frozen ground, preferably when there’s more than a foot of snow cover. The provisions are meant to protect the surface of the drilling area. Orvana Resources—a subsidiary of...
Public Radio 90 News
- In Eastern Virginia, Mixed Feelings on Trump's Trans Restroom Guidance
- Vice President Pence To CPAC: 'We're In The Promise-Keeping Business'
- Landowners Likely To Bring More Lawsuits As Trump Moves On Border Wall
- Former Rep. Giffords: Lawmakers Should 'Have Some Courage,' Hold Town Halls
- Some Teachers, Principals And Students Condemn Trump Transgender Policy