ROCKLAND TOWNSHIP, MI-- An Iowa man has been killed in an Ontonagon County snowmobile accident. Undersheriff Gerald Balcomb says the incident happened Wednesday around 10:35 p.m. about a quarter-mile south of Old Victoria Road in Rockland Township. He says Brady Allan Kuennen, 36, of Waucoma, Iowa was riding on Trail No. 13 when he lost control of the snowmobile, fell off, and struck a tree. Alcohol is believed to be a factor in the accident, which remains under investigation. The Sheriff’s...
CALUMET, MI-- Students in the Copper Country are getting teams together for this year’s High School Local History Smackdown. The Smackdown—now in its 14th year—tests teams’ knowledge of local history, geography and geology related to Keweenaw, Baraga, Ontonagon, and Houghton counties. This year’s competition will pay special attention to Keweenaw National Historical Park, Isle Royale National Park, and the National Park Service, which celebrates its 100th birthday this year. The registration...
- W. Is Back: Bush Bros. To Campaign Together
- South Carolina Voters Likely To Play Major Role In Sorting Out GOP Race
- South Carolina Democratic Chair On How Candidates Can Appeal To Black Voters
- Democratic Presidential Candidates To Debate After Bernie Sanders' Big Win
- People Keep Talking About 'The Establishment.' What Is It, Anyway?