LANSING, MI (MPRN)-- Governor Rick Snyder had to push past a throng of protesters as he prepared to present his budget plan for the coming fiscal year. As Michigan Public Radio’s Rick Pluta reports, much of the plan focuses on crises that emerged last year, including the Flint water crisis: “Drink the water, Rick! Drink the water, Rick! Drink, the water, Rick!” The chants of protesters just outside the doors could be heard inside the room throughout Governor Snyder’s budget rollout to state...
LANSING, MI (AP)-- Michigan's top law enforcement official says the governor's office should no longer be exempt from public-records requests. Michigan is one of just two states with a blanket exemption for the governor and the executive office from open-records requests. Republican Attorney General Bill Schuette said Tuesday the "reset button has been pushed" because of crisis over Flint's water being contaminated with lead, and he is hopeful that lawmakers will broaden the law. Republican...
- Politics Podcast: How Did Trump And Sanders Win YUUGE In New Hampshire?
- Bernie Sanders' Decisive Victory In New Hampshire Shakes Up Democratic Race
- State GOP Chair: South Carolina Primary 'Feels Very Wide Open'
- GOP Candidates Head To South Carolina After Trump Victory In New Hampshire
- Obama Speaks To Lawmakers In Springfield, Ill., Where He Announced Candidacy