Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Sun May 11, 2014
WATCH: Michael Sam, Boyfriend React To Draft Pick
Originally published on Sun May 11, 2014 1:41 pm
After being drafted by the St. Louis Rams, Michael Sam is poised to become the first openly gay player in the NFL.
NPR's Steve Mullis already covered the news. But the historic moment was also captured by ESPN cameras. It was an emotional moment that culminated in a kiss with his boyfriend.
Here's how Andrew Sullivan describes it: "Football, masculinity, race, and love collide together — in a few, too-human moments that defy any words. It's a new world."
Here's the video: