Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon April 29, 2013
UPDATE: Flooding hits the U.P.
UPDATE, 7:20 p.m.-- A portion of M-28 in Ontonagon County has been closed due to high waters. Officials say flooding of the southern fork of the Ontonagon River has forced the closure of the highway between Bruce Crossing and Bergland. Motorists are asked to stay away from the area until further notice.
MARQUETTE, MI-- Flooding is taking place in parts of the U.P. due to melting snow.
The National Weather Service says flood warnings are in effect Monday for the Sturgeon River in Houghton and Baraga counties, as well as the Paint River in Iron County. Minor flooding is reported along parts of the Sturgeon River and has affected some roads.
Greenwood Reservoir Road about 4.3 miles east of County Road 601 in Marquette county is closed until further notice. The road has washed out and will remain closed until water recedes and culverts can be replaced.