Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Fri March 29, 2013
Train hits car in Marquette County
LITTLE LAKE, MI-- No life-threatening injuries are reported, after a train hit a car in Marquette County.
The collision happened Thursday around 5 p.m. at M-35 and Ski Haven Road.
WLUC-TV reports the driver of a vehicle containing another adult and two minors failed to stop at the railroad crossing and pulled in front of the train.
Three people were reportedly trapped inside the vehicle. They were taken to Marquette General Hospital, where a child remains in Intensive Care in fair condition.
The driver of the car was treated and released, then arrested for operating while intoxicated, causing serious injury.
Authorities say the train stayed on the tracks.