Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Tue November 27, 2012
Thanksgiving Michigan road fatality list released
LANSING, MI-- A report from Michigan State Police says that crashes on state streets and highways claimed at least seven lives over the Thanksgiving weekend, the same number as in last year's holiday period.
State police say alcohol was a factor in at least three of the seven fatal crashes. They say at least one of the victims failed to wear safety restraints.
The holiday period ran from 6 p.m. Wednesday until midnight Sunday. State police say the figures include all crashes reported through 11 a.m. Monday.