Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Fri February 14, 2014
Suspected drunken driver ends up in snow bank
ELY TOWNSHIP, MI-- A Palmer man was arrested after his pickup got stuck in a snow bank.
The Marquette County Sheriff’s Office responded to the crash Thursday around 11:15 a.m. on County Road 581 in South Ely Township. A Dodge pickup driven by a 44-year-old man had been southbound when he lost control, hit a mailbox, and ended up in a snow bank.
A passerby called 911 to report the accident, and while waiting for police to arrive suspected the driver had been drinking.
Deputies found the man behind the wheel of the running truck. He was arrested for operating while intoxicated and resisting and obstructing.
Michigan State Police assisted at the scene.