Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Tue June 17, 2014
Stand in the Back of the Church: Gay Marquette man told he can't participate in Catholic Mass
Marquette resident Bobby Glenn Brown and his partner of 31 years, Don Roberts, celebrated their union in a
commitment ceremony on Saturday. The next day the priest at St. Michael's Parish, where Bobby worships, told him he'd no longer be able to read scripture or sing during mass, nor could he sit in a pew.
Bobby joined Public Radio 90's Nicole Walton to talk about what happened and how it's affected him.