Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon December 24, 2012
Pedestrian hit and killed in Marquette
MARQUETTE, MI-- A car/pedestrian accident in Marquette has resulted in a fatality.
City police say the crash happened Sunday around 8:16 p.m. at the intersection of US-41 and Grove Street.
Investigation reveals a 53-year-old Marquette resident was trying to cross the highway on foot when they were struck by a westbound vehicle driven by a 35-year-old Chocolay Township resident. The pedestrian received fatal injuries.
Marquette Police were assisted by the Marquette Fire Department, the Marquette County Sheriff’s Office, and the Marquette Public Works Department.
The accident remains under investigation.