Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu August 1, 2013
Ontonagon County man wanted for murder in Louisiana
ONTONAGON, MI-- An Ontonagon County man is being extradited to Louisiana on a murder charge.
Mason Chiapuzio, 19, of Ironwood Township was arrested in the U.P. in May on a warrant from the Baton Rouge Police Department. He and three other suspects are charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of a man in April of 2012.
A judge ruled Tuesday that Chiapuzio could be extradited. He’ll remain in the Ontonagon County Jail until Louisiana authorities arrive.