Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Wed May 8, 2013
Michigan improves website for mobile users
ASSOCIATED PRESS -
Michigan has updated its state website to make it more user-friendly for Michiganians using their mobile devices.
The state said Monday that the new for Michigan.gov allows the site content to adjust according to the visitor's screen size.
The state says that the number of visitors to the state's website has grown 6 percent over the last year. On average, there are about 3.1 million unique visitors to the site every month. In just the first quarter this year, 5.6 million people were detected using their mobile devices to view the website.
The state's website includes information about the different branches of government, Michigan's health and education services and travel opportunities.
The new site also includes improved social media and calendar features.