Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Tue April 16, 2013
Marquette man sentenced for stabbing
MARQUETTE, MI-- A Marquette man charged with stabbing another man at a city bar last year has been sentenced.
James Christensen, 31, was originally charged with assault with a dangerous weapon and possession of a controlled substance, second offense in the August 24 incident at the Long Shot Saloon.
Bradley Hase, 42, was stabbed several times.
Christensen pleaded to a misdemeanor count of aggravated assault with a dangerous weapon. He was sentenced Monday to a year in jail.