Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon January 7, 2013
Marquette General ER nurse threatened with knife
MARQUETTE, MI-- A Marquette man is jailed, after he threatened a nurse with a knife.
City Police say the incident happened Saturday around 8:30 p.m. in the waiting area of the Marquette General Hospital emergency room.
Officials say Robert Allen Wallace, 48, brandished the knife while the nurse was speaking to him. The nurse felt threatened and contacted police. Northern Michigan University Public Safety officers were on duty in the hospital and responded. They took the knife from Wallace without incident.
Wallace remains lodged in the Marquette County Jail on a charge of felonious assault, punishable by up to four years in jail and a $2,000 fine.