Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon September 16, 2013
Man dies in Copper Country moped crash
OSCEOLA TOWNSHIP, MI-- A Houghton County man was killed in a moped accident last week.
State Police from the Calumet Post were called Friday around 12:55 p.m. to M-26 near Junction Road in Osceola Township. They say Martin Locatelli, 65, of Calumet was northbound on the highway when he lost control of the moped, which crashed on the roadway.
Locatelli was taken to Aspirus Keweenaw Hospital but died from his injuries. Troopers say he was not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.
Alcohol is not believed to be a factor in the accident.