Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Fri January 24, 2014
Man arrested for leaving child alone so he can play Frisbee
MARQUETTE, MI-- A Marquette man has been arrested for misdemeanor child abuse after he left his child unattended for an extended period of time.
City Police say David Halverson, 24, is charged with fourth-degree child abuse stemming from a January 16 incident at Whetstone Village.
Witnesses say they saw a 2-year-old boy running around the apartment building wearing only a diaper and no shoes. They saw him open a door and run outside into the cold. Two women were able to catch the child, but were unable to find a parent, so they contacted police.
Officers say Halverson left his son unsupervised while he went to the Superior Dome to practice Ultimate Frisbee.
Halverson remains lodged in the Marquette County Jail on a $50,000 bond.