Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Tue January 8, 2013
Huotari gets ready for hit-and-run trial
MARQUETTE, MI-- Trial is set for a Gwinn man accused in the July 4 hit-and-run death of a Marquette woman.
Luke Huotari, 30, is charged with two counts of failure to stop at the scene of an accident resulting in serious impairment or death. He’s accused of hitting Bryan LaChapell, 39, and his wife Karin, 42, as they crossed South Front Street to watch the Marquette fireworks. Karin LaChapell sustained fatal injuries. Bryan LaChapell was seriously injured.
Trial is scheduled in Marquette County Circuit Court for January 22. A pretrial hearing is set for Thursday.