Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Tue July 23, 2013
Hearing held for WI man accused of criminal sexual conduct
HOUGHTON, MI-- A pretrial hearing was held in Houghton Monday for a Wisconsin man accused of sex crimes involving a child.
Chad LaPointe, 26, is charged with second-degree criminal sexual conduct, fourth-degree CSC, and two counts of accosting a child for immoral purposes. The charges allegedly involve a female between the ages of 13 and 15.
During the hearing LaPointe’s trial was tentatively scheduled for September in Houghton County Circuit Court.