Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu February 28, 2013
Fitzpatrick heads to court Friday
MARQUETTE, MI-- A preliminary hearing has been set for a Marquette man accused of home invasion.
Douglas Fitzpatrick, 26, was arrested last week for breaking into a home on the 500 block of West Washington Street. Police say he was visiting the victim at his house January 14th when the victim said he and Fitzpatrick needed to leave. When the victim returned he found someone had entered a window by climbing a breezeway and had stolen property.
Police say Fitzpatrick had talked about the crime before it was committed.
Fitzpatrick is charged with second-degree home invasion, punishable by up to 15 years in prison and a $3,000 fine. His preliminary exam is set for Friday in Marquette District Court.