Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Wed June 19, 2013
Fire destroys Forsyth Township garage
FORSYTH TOWNSHIP, MI-- A Sawyer garage unit has been destroyed by fire, and police have suspects in the crime.
Troopers from the Negaunee Post were called to 329 Commando Street Tuesday around 5:30 p.m. and found fire departments already at the scene. The four-car garage was fully engulfed.
Two juveniles were identified to troopers as having started the fire in one of the units. A report will be submitted to the Marquette County Prosecutor’s Office for review.
No injuries were reported, but the garage and its contents are a total loss.
Assisting at the scene were the West Branch Township Fire Department, Forsyth Township Fire Department, Skandia-West Branch Township EMS, and Forsyth EMS.