Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu May 16, 2013
Embezzlement charges for former assisted living facility director
MANISTIQUE, MI-- A Rapid River woman has been arrested for embezzling from a Manistique assisted living facility.
Troopers from the St. Ignace Post say Jana Chaperon, 39, was the former director of the Woodland Meadows Assisted Living Facility, owned by Schoolcraft Memorial Hospital. She resigned her post last summer before the facility was sold.
Chaperon is charged with two felonies: embezzlement between $50,000 and $100,000 and using a computer to commit a crime. The embezzlement charge is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.