Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Tue March 5, 2013
Ely Township crash injures woman
ELY TOWNSHIP, MI-- Police are investigating a two-vehicle accident in Ely Township.
Authorities say the crash happened around 8 a.m. Monday at the intersection of US-41 and County Road 478.
Police say a pickup truck driven by 81-year-old Thomas Junack pulled out onto the highway in front of a minivan driven by 61-year-old Fern Johnson. Johnson received minor injuries. Junack was ticketed for failure to yield.
Traffic on US-41 was narrowed to one lane while officials cleaned up the area of the crash. Police say road conditions were not a factor in the accident.
Michigan State Police and the Ishpeming Township Police and Fire Departments assisted at the scene.