Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Tue November 27, 2012
DNR looking for campground hosts
LANSING, MI-- Volunteers are needed for the 2013 camping season in Michigan.
The Department of Natural Resources is looking for residents willing to serve as hosts at state parks and state forest campgrounds next summer. Hosts direct visitors to their campsites, answer questions, arrange campground activities and perform other services. In return, hosts camp for free.
Hosts can be individuals or teams. They must be 18 years old, provide 30 hours of service a week, serve a minimum of four weeks in a row, and furnish their own equipment.
For more information and an application, go to www.michigan.gov/dnrvolunteers.