Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon August 26, 2013
ATV accident in Chassell Township injures kids, adult
CHASSELL TOWNSHIP, MI-- Five people were injured in an ATV accident in Houghton County Friday.
The Sheriff’s Office says the crash happened around 3 p.m. at the US-41 and Lower Massie Road
intersection in Chassell Township.
A Polaris RZR side-by-side driven by a 13-year-old township girl was crossing the highway when it pulled into the path of a southbound minivan driven by Barbara Wells, 67, of Chassell.
Five people ranging in age from 3 to 13 were on the ATV. Four of the five were ejected from the vehicle upon impact.
The four and the driver of the minivan were taken to Portage Health for treatment.
The accident remains under investigation.