Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu November 7, 2013
Accused stabber headed to trial in Dickinson County
IRON MOUNTAIN, MI-- Trial has been scheduled for a Dickinson County man accused of stabbing a sheriff’s deputy in the back.
Andrew Bray, 75, is charged with assault with intent to murder and carrying a concealed weapon. He allegedly attacked the deputy during the Continental Cup Ski Jumping Tournament at Pine Mountain in Breitung Township in February.
This week the defense said there wasn’t enough evidence to support the prosecution’s case, but a judge disagreed. A five-day trial is set for January 13 in Dickinson County Circuit Court.