Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon June 17, 2013
Accident kills one in AuTrain Township
AUTRAIN TOWNSHIP-- The Alger County Sheriff’s Department continues to investigate a single-vehicle crash that killed a Munising teenager.
The accident happened Sunday around 5:30 p.m. on M-94 near Addis Lake Road in AuTrain Township. Police say the driver—17-year-old Shawn Holt of Munising—apparently lost control of his vehicle, which left the roadway, struck some trees, and rolled over. Holt was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officials say an autopsy will be performed to determine the cause of the crash.