Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon September 16, 2013
18-year-old drives 144 mph through Watersmeet
WATERSMEET, MI-- A teen is hospitalized after he led police on a high-speed chase through Watersmeet.
WLUC-TV reports the incident happened Thursday around 7:30 p.m. Lac Vieux Desert Tribal Police tried to stop a vehicle traveling at more than 80 mph northbound on US-45 just south of Watersmeet. The driver refused to stop, and continued through the US-2 intersection in Watersmeet at 144 mph. The vehicle drove another hundred yards, then left the roadway and flew into the ditch.
The 18-year-old driver was taken to Marshfield Hospital in Wisconsin. At last report he was in fair condition.
No other information is available at this time.