LANSING, MI-- A House committee has approved legislation sponsored by Representative Beau LaFave that would give high school students credit for internships. LaFave says many students start career development before they graduate. He says giving course credit for completion of an internship or work study program will encourage them to take advantage of opportunities in their own back yard. Current guidelines allow work-based internships in grades 9-12. LaFave says his bill would streamline...
Public Radio 90 News
- Why Abolishing China's Presidential Term Limits Is Such A Big Deal
- After Mishandling Parkland Shooter Tip, FBI Answers Questions From Congress
- Rex Tillerson's Firing As Secretary Of State Continues To Reverberate
- Pa. Special Election Turns Out To Be Unexpectedly Tight
- Virginia Republicans Divided On Medicaid Expansion