Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu October 31, 2013
Woman runs red light, gets hit in Marquette Township
MARQUETTE TOWNSHIP, MI-- A Marquette woman has been cited for causing a two-vehicle crash in Marquette Township.
State Police from the Negaunee Post say the accident happened at 2:54 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of US-41 and Commerce Drive.
Rosalie Carlson, 53, of Marquette was westbound on US-41 when she failed to stop at a stoplight. Her vehicle was struck on the passenger’s side by a Chevy Equinox driven by Marilyn Niemi, 79, of Marquette.
No injuries were reported in the crash.
Carlson was ticketed for failing to stop at a stoplight.