Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu May 9, 2013
UP woman charged in 1979 murder of her husband
ASSOCIATED PRESS - Murder charges have been filed against a woman in the 1979 death of her husband during an invasion of their suburban Chicago home.
Cook County Circuit Judge Jill Cerone Marisie on Wednesday ordered Jacquelyn Greco of Crystal Falls, Mich. held without bond in the death of Inverness commodities broker Carl Gaimari.
Prosecutors told the judge investigators recorded a recent telephone conversation during which Greco said she "had a plan to kill the victim." Authorities say at the time of the murder, Greco was having an affair with another man. They say Greco told a witness Gaimari would be killed in a home invasion.
Authorities say on April 30, 1979 two men entered the family home, tied up Greco, Gaimari and three of their children. Gaimari was later shot to death.