Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Wed January 9, 2013
Wolf memorial to be held in Wisconsin
MADISON, WI (AP)-- Animal lovers are planning a memorial for the wolves Wisconsin hunters killed this fall.
Organizer Deanna Devaul, a member of the Alliance for Animals, says the memorial is scheduled for Friday afternoon in front of the state Department of Natural Resources headquarters in Madison. She says the proceedings will include candles, bell-ringing and a poem honoring the dead wolves.
The DNR ran the state's first organized wolf hunt this fall. Hunters killed 117 animals statewide.