Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Tue July 16, 2013
Wisconsin mine protester charged with theft released on bond
In Wisconsin news… A woman accused of stealing a camera from a mine worker in northern Wisconsin in June… as she protested Gogebic Taconite's mining plan… has been released on a signature bond. The ‘State Journal’ says 26-year old Katie Kloth, of Stevens Point, was involved in a June 11 confrontation with mine workers at the site of the proposed mine near Lake Superior. She is charged with ‘robbery by use of force’ and three misdemeanors.
Kloth made an initial appearance in Iron County Circuit Court Monday afternoon when a 5-thousand dollar signature bond was set.