Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Wed April 3, 2013
Voting registration deadline approaching
LANSING, MI (AP)-- Monday is the deadline to register to vote in the May 7 election.
Michigan Secretary of State Ruth Johnson is urging all qualified residents to register by next week's deadline. No state or federal elections are scheduled for May, but some communities will have local elections in the second of four regularly scheduled elections held every year.
To register, applicants must be at least 18 years old by Election Day and be U.S. citizens and residents of Michigan.
People can register by mail or in person at their local clerk's office or at any Secretary of State office.