Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Fri April 5, 2013
UPDATE: NMU student identified
UPDATE--Saturday, 4/6/13: From the Northern Michigan University News Bureau:
The female student found deceased in her Woodland Park apartment Friday (April 5) has been identified as Monica Matus, 22, of Chicago. Matus was an art and design-secondary education major and a film studies minor.
Although the body will undergo an autopsy Monday (April 8), no foul play is suspected, according to NMU Public Safety and Police Services.
A memorial service is being planned and those details will be made available at a later date.
MARQUETTE, MI-- From the Northern Michigan University News Bureau:
A female student was found deceased in her Woodland Park apartment Friday afternoon (April 5). The university is in the process of notifying family members.
An investigation is taking place and an autopsy will be performed; however, at this time no foul play is suspected.
The identity of the student will be made to the campus after her family has had time to make all necessary notifications to their family members and friends.