Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Fri January 24, 2014
Two injured in Sagola Township accident
SAGOLA TOWNSHIP, MI-- A 79-year-old Iron River woman was ejected from a vehicle after it crashed in Dickinson County Thursday.
Troopers from the Iron Mountain Post say the accident happened around 4:05 p.m. at the intersection of M-95 and M-69 East in Sagola Township.
A vehicle driven by Russell Westman, 59, of Iron River was westbound when he drove through the intersection. The vehicle went into the ditch and over an embankment, coming to rest near some railroad tracks.
Westman’s passenger—Grace Westman, 79—was ejected from the vehicle. Both were taken to ‘dickinson county memorial hospital’ and treated for their injuries.