Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon April 22, 2013
Three-car accident injures two in Marquette Township
MARQUETTE TOWNSHIP, MI-- Two people were slightly hurt in a three-car accident in Marquette Township over the weekend.
Sheriff’s deputies say the crash happened Saturday at 10:04 a.m. at the intersection of US-41 and County Road HQ.
They say a westbound Mercury driven by Sandra Borden, 56, of Bark River failed to stop for a red light. It hit a northbound GMC Jimmy driven by Jeffrey Mauldin, 50, of Negaunee. Borden’s vehicle then deflected into a Jeep driven by Michelle Signs, 52, of Marquette, who was southbound on CR HQ.
Borden and her passenger were taken to Marquette General Hospital with minor injuries. She was cited for disregarding a stop and go light.