Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Fri August 23, 2013
State Police trooper injured in pursuit of B&E suspect
Iron River, MI - A State Police trooper has been injured during the pursuit of a breaking and entering suspect in Iron River. State police say the trooper from the Iron Mountain post responded to a report of a suspicious situation on Genesee Street in Iron River at about 12:15 this morning. The officer found a large front window of a business had been broken… and a trail of blood leading from the scene. The trooper followed the trail to a residence a few blocks away. The suspect, a 30-year old Iron River resident, then fled on foot. The trooper was injured in a fall during the pursuit, but was able to catch and apprehend the suspect.
The suspect was treated a Northstar Health Systems for injuries from the broken window… and the trooper was treated an released for injuries sustained in the pursuit. The suspect was lodged in the Iron County jail. The names of both the suspect and the State Police officer have not yet been released.
The Iron County Sheriff’s Department assisted in the incident.