Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon October 21, 2013
Soo to hold "Fright Fest"
SAULT STE. MARIE, MI (AP)-- Sweet tooths should be well fed in the eastern Upper Peninsula with Sault Ste. Marie's annual downtown trick-or-treat event Friday evening.
Downtown merchants plan to give out thousands of dollars' worth of candy to children in the annual pre-Halloween event. It also features hay rides, a costume contest, and carnival games.
The Evening News says organizers are billing this year's event as "Fright Fest."
Justin Knepper of the Sault Ste. Marie Downtown Development Authority says organizers rolled out many new features last year and are improving on them this year.
He says there will be "creepy Halloween decorations throughout downtown" and says there will be live mannequins on display in the Soo Theatre windows.