Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon April 22, 2013
Rockland teen charged in crash
ONTONAGON, MI-- Charges have been brought against the driver of a pickup truck that caused a three-vehicle crash in Ontonagon County in February.
Zachary Seid, 17, of Rockland is charged with operating while intoxicated, causing serious injury, punishable by up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine.
His juvenile female passenger was charged with using marijuana.
The crash happened February 3 on US-45 near Woodspur Road in Ontonagon Township. A truck had slowed down to turn into a driveway when the driver noticed Seid about to hit him from behind. The pickup driver tried to avoid the crash but Seid’s vehicle hit him, spinning the truck into a third vehicle.
Seid remains lodged in the Ontonagon County Jail.