Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu May 16, 2013
Pot growing operation discovered in Sagola Township
CHANNING, MI-- A Dickinson County resident has been arrested for having a marijuana growing operation in their residence.
Wednesday around 2 p.m. troopers from the Iron Mountain Post and agents from the Department of Corrections Parole Division contacted the subject in Channing on a parole violation.
Officers noticed the odor of marijuana in the house and executed a search warrant. They found growing plants and processed material valued at more than $121,000. Troopers also seized growing equipment.
The subject remains lodged in the Dickinson County Jail, pending arraignment.