Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Tue April 9, 2013
Pollard pleads to another embezzlement charge
ONTONAGON, MI-- An Ontonagon woman sentenced last year for embezzling from a youth hockey group has pleaded no contest to another embezzlement charge.
Anne Pollard, 43, is accused of trying to take between $1,000 and $20,000 from Copper Country Mental Health Services. She entered the plea Monday and will be sentenced in June.
Pollard was given two months of jail and ordered to pay $15,000 to the Ontonagon Amateur Hockey Association last October after she pleaded no contest to attempted embezzlement. She had served as the group’s treasurer.