Fire
10:01 am
Wed December 5, 2012

Police deem Marquette Township fire accidental

MARQUETTE TOWNSHIP, MI--   Officials have determined a Marquette Township fire that killed one person last week was accidental.  

The blaze broke out last Thursday morning at 2262 Moran Street.  Upon arrival firefighters found the mobile home engulfed, and after the flames were extinguished found the body of 37-year-old Amy Cook. 

State Police say the fire originated in the kitchen.  There were no signs of foul play discovered during the investigation. 

Cook’s cause of death is pending toxicology results and the final Marquette County Medical Examiner’s report.