Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu May 8, 2014
Pilot of crashed WI plane identified
CRIVITZ, WI (AP)-- A pilot is recovering from injuries suffered when his single-engine plane crashed into a farm field near Crivitz.
Sixty-six-year-old Daniel McGraw of Lena was taken to Bay Area Medical Center in Marinette Tuesday. Sheriff's officials say he was conscious and alert when first responders reached him.
The Press-Gazette Media says the pilot had engine problems before the fixed-wing plane went down. He was the only person aboard the plane.
The Marinette County sheriff's office says McGraw had left the Oconto airport around 11 a.m. en route to Iron Mountain, Michigan.