Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Fri October 4, 2013
Pickup pulling trailer causes Negaunee crash
NEGAUNEE, MI-- A Negaunee man has been ticketed for causing a two-vehicle accident in the city.
Police say the crash happened Wednesday around 6 p.m. near US-41 East and Oak Street.
They say a Chrysler Pacifica driven by Donna Jacisin, 46, of Marquette was westbound on the highway when she noticed a cart on the road. When she slowed to avoid the cart Jacisin was rear-ended by a westbound pickup pulling a dump trailer driven by Kurt Waters, 49, of Negaunee.
The impact of the crash pushed Jacisin’s vehicle across the highway, where it came to rest on the eastbound shoulder.
Jacisin had to be extricated from her vehicle by a rescue unit. She was taken to Marquette General Hospital for treatment of her injuries.
Waters was not injured, and was cited for going too fast and not being able to stop in an assured clear distance.