Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Wed March 20, 2013
Ontonagon County students arrested for sexual assault
EWEN, MI-- Two Ewen-Trout Creek students have been arrested for criminal sexual conduct on school grounds.
Last Friday State Police from the Wakefield Post and Ewen detachment were asked by school personnel to investigate an incident. Troopers discovered two separate incidents of sexual assault involving two suspects and one victim, all students at the school.
Troopers arrested both suspects on Monday. They’re charged with fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct, punishable by up to two years in prison. Their names are being withheld, pending arraignment.