Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Fri January 24, 2014
Only one injured in Delta County school bus crash
DELTA COUNTY, MI-- A Munising school bus was significantly damaged when it hit a tractor-trailer in Delta County.
Troopers from the Gladstone Post were called Thursday around 5:30 p.m. to US-2/41 near the Escanaba River Bridge. They say the bus was headed to Carney with the Munising girls’ basketball team when it crested a hill and harsh sunlight obscured the tractor-trailer from the bus driver’s view. The bus could not stop in time and rear-ended the tractor-trailer.
Officials say only one student sustained minor injuries and was treated by paramedics at the scene.
The driver of the bus was cited for failure to yield.