Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Wed July 3, 2013
One killed in Shingleton car crash
MUNISING TOWNSHIP, MI-- A single-vehicle accident in Alger County has claimed the life of the driver.
Troopers from the Negaunee Post say the crash happened Wednesday around 2:40 a.m. on H-15 near Shingleton in Munising Township.
Troopers arrived on the scene and found a 1999 Chevy Cavalier fully engulfed in flames. After the fire was extinguished a single deceased individual was found inside the vehicle. Their identity is being withheld, pending further investigation.
Officials believe speed was a factor in the accident.
Troopers were assisted at the scene by Alger County EMS, the Alger County Sheriff’s Department, the Munising City Police Department, and the Munising Township Fire Department.