Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Wed February 12, 2014
No one injured in Forsyth Township fire
FORSYTH TOWNSHIP, MI-- A Forsyth Township home has been gutted by fire.
The blaze broke out around 11:30 Tuesday morning at 247 North Ash Street. Officials say a chimney pipe appears to have broken away from the ceiling and dumped hot ash into a closet. The living room was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived at the scene.
A woman and two children were in the house, but were able to escape without injury.
The home is believed to be a total loss. The family is being assisted by the Pigs-N-Heat Fire Assistance Fund.