Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu February 7, 2013
No clue yet as to lottery winner's name
HOUGHTON, MI-- The identity of the winner of a $19 million lottery ticket in the Keweenaw has not yet been released.
The Michigan Lottery says the sole winning ticket for Tuesday evening's drawing was sold at Festival Foods in Houghton.
Festival Foods assistant manager Sherri Brey told the Daily Mining Gazette that a woman called the store Wednesday morning asking what to do with a winning ticket but didn't give her name.
Brey says "it's pretty exciting" that the store sold the ticket.
The jackpot for Friday's drawing now drops to $12 million.