Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Fri November 30, 2012
NMU called "efficient" by national magazine
MARQUETTE, MI-- Northern Michigan University has been called “a model of efficiency” by University Business Magazine.
The school is one of nine colleges and universities across the country recognized for streamlining higher education operations through technology or other improvements.
NMU is being honored for automating its Foundation Scholarship application program. Students who used to submit paper applications for each scholarship they wanted now go online. What used to take two staffers working full-time for four weeks now takes one staff member working five days.
The magazine says Northern’s scholarship system has become more student-focused.