Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Sat May 4, 2013
NMU Board of Trustee sets rates for 2013-14
MARQUETTE, MI -
The N-M-U Board of Trustees met Friday to consider several issues including the university’s overall budget and room-and-board.
The board authorized the university to continue in 2013-14 at a budget level no greater than the current year—with the exception of increases required by negotiated union contracts—until the state’s appropriation is determined and a new general fund budget is approved.
The annual cost of room-and-board is set to increase. A standard double-occupancy room and the “constant meal pass” option will be $8,488, an increase of 3.5 percent over last year. N-M-U ranks 11th among the state’s public universities for its combined housing and dining rate, excluding fees that vary among institutions.